Options to Help You Focus on Building Your Practice
When you’re starting or building a law practice, you may feel the need to wear many hats in order to keep your expenses down while you build up your revenue stream. With some tasks, such as maintaining your firm’s financial records, it can be both counterproductive and potentially risky to handle everything yourself..
At The Legal Café, located in the heart of the courthouse district in downtown Fort Worth, we can help you with the important task of keeping a current and accurate set of books for your practice. We offer a broad range of bookkeeping services to all our members, with pricing based on your needs and usage.
What Is The Legal Café?
The Legal Café, conceived and created by attorneys for attorneys, provides coworking space specifically geared to the needs of practicing lawyers. At The Legal Café, you’ll find:
- Well-appointed private conference rooms for in-person meetings or online videoconferences
- Comfortable workspace with access to high-speed internet
- Gourmet coffee and a selected offering of light food items
The Legal Café offers different membership plans, each with different services and levels of access to coworking space. Daily hot seats are also available to non-members on a first come, first served basis, so that you have a place to meet or work when the unexpected happens.
Bookkeeping Services Offered at The Legal Café
At The Legal Cafe, bookkeeping services are offered as an add-on to your membership. While the full scope of bookkeeping services can be tailored to your needs, the services offered come in three different levels: Silver, Gold, and Diamond.
Silver Level bookkeeping offers:
- Industry-specific bookkeeping for up to two bank accounts and two credit card accounts, with as many as 75 transactions per month
- Industry-specific monitoring and reporting
- Monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card statements
- Monthly preparation of basic financial reports, including profit-and-loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and 3-way reconciliation of trust account ledgers
- A monthly 30-minute meeting to review financial statements
- Preparation of year-end reports for tax filings
- Quarterly 1099 reconciliation
- Customer service/tech support for financial software
When you upgrade to Gold Level bookkeeping, you’ll get bookkeeping services for two bank accounts and up to five credit cards, involving up to 250 monthly transactions for up to five attorneys. You’ll have access to all the other services available to Silver members, as well as:
- Monthly case expense reports
- Partnership compensation reports
- Monthly accounts receivable reports
- Monthly email billing to your clients, including reminders regarding unpaid balances
- Online bill pay
- Mileage tracking through Mile IQ
- Google Drive maintenance and filing
- Monthly financial advisory meetings
At our highest bookkeeping level—the Diamond Level—we will handle the bookkeeping for two bank accounts and up to seven credit cards, with up to 500 monthly transactions and as many as 10 attorneys. In addition to all the bookkeeping services available to Silver and Gold members, you’ll also receive:
- Updating of your financial records three times weekly
- The oversight of an office manager
- Staff training on your financial software
- Access to a client care liaison who can answer any questions about invoices
The Many Benefits of The Legal Café
At The Legal Café, we provide a receptionist to meet and greet your clients or other visitors and provide them with your marketing brochures, if requested. We can also help you set up a videoconference and present engagement letters or client agreements for you.
As a member of The Legal Café, you will also have access to our powerful lead generation app, which
- Shows you all potential leads
- Allows you to purchase leads directly through the app
- Provides useful tracking capabilities, including data on how many leads become paying clients
Come to The Legal Café
If you’re an attorney looking to build your practice or improve your bottom line, The Legal Café can help meet your needs. Stop by the Café at 114 Main Street, have a cup of coffee, and find out more.