A Savory Brew with Many Health Benefits
Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, and a pinch of black pepper, to some steamed milk and black tea, and you have one of the tastiest beverages in the world—Chai Tea Latte. But there’s more to the drink than just great flavor—it’s also loaded with many health benefits. Come to The Legal Café for a hot cup of the Chai Tea Latte and drink to your health.
What Is Chai?
Though it’s only become well-known in America in the last few decades, chai has been an essential ingredient of life in India for thousands of years. Chai, commonly known as a tea flavor in the United States, originates from the Hindi language and translates to ‘tea.’ The special recipe for making chai latte in the West is simply the usual way to prepare tea in India.
Legend has it that around five thousand years ago, an Indian king instructed his medicine men to create a spiced beverage for healing purposes. This new blend was developed for application in “Ayurveda,” a health practice that focuses on utilizing spices and herbs. In its original form, the drink included various ingredients for specific purposes:
- Cloves for their anti-inflammatory properties
- Ginger and black pepper to help with digestion
- Cinnamon to promote blood circulation and respiratory function
- Cardamom for freshening breath
What Defines a Latte Beverage?
The term “latte” comes from the Italian word for “milk.” If you order a “latte” in a restaurant in Italy, chances are you’ll get a glass of milk. On the other hand, the “caffe latte,” beloved in the West, is a beverage that blends milk with coffee. In American coffee shops, a standard latte usually consists of one or two shots of espresso, blended with steamed milk, and topped with a thin layer of frothed milk. In a chai latte, the espresso is replaced with chai.
Does Chai Latte Really Offer Health Benefits?
Significant scientific research supports the health benefits of chai:
- It’s recognized as a rich source of antioxidants, known to minimize risks related to heart disease and cancer.
- The cinnamon in chai can reduce problems related to high blood pressure.
- Certain substances in chai have been shown to improve cognitive function.
- Black tea used in making chai latte has also been linked to lower blood sugar and reduce risk of diabetes.
Stop by The Legal Café for a Delicious Cup of Chai Tea Latte
Indulge in a revitalizing Chai Tea Latte at The Legal Café and elevate your workspace experience. Savor the perfect blend of flavors while strategizing for your business endeavors. Become a member today and unlock a host of benefits, including a prime location near Tarrant County courthouses. Join us at The Legal Café – Where Productivity Meets Comfort.