Connect with an Attorney for Your Divorce and Family LawMatters
Contested and Uncontested Divorce | Child Custody or Conservatorship | Visitation or Access | Distribution of Marital Debts and Assets | Prenuptial Agreements | Adoption | Name Changes
Decision-making in family law matters can be complicated by emotional issues. You want an objective and experienced lawyer to protect your rights, someone who has successfully helped others in similar circumstances. The Legal Café, near the courthouse in downtown Fort Worth, has the tools and resources to connect you with effective legal counsel. Complete our online form or visit us at 114 Main Street.
Different Family Law Issues an Attorney Can Help You Resolve
Though the issues related to a family law dispute may seem simple and straightforward, there are many pitfalls that can have a negative impact on you and your family. A knowledgeable and experienced family lawyer can protect your rights in matters involving:
- Simple or complex divorce proceedings – Whether the end of your marriage is amicable or acrimonious, an attorney can ensure that you know your rights and options and help you make informed decisions. Your lawyer will prepare and file all documents required by the court and be your advocate in all hearings, meetings, and other proceedings.
- How and when you see your children – As a parent, you want what’s best for your children, and you also want to play a meaningful role in their growth and development. Your lawyer will help you put custody/conservatorship agreements in place that promote the best interests of your children while allowing you to be actively involved in their lives. You can have meaningful input into decisions regarding schooling, religious training, medical care, and other critical factors.
- Division of marital property – Whether you live in a community property state, such as Texas, or one of the many states that divide marital debts and assets under the principle of equitable distribution, an experienced attorney will know your rights, as well as your options, so that your property settlement is fair.
- Relocation of minor children after a divorce – Most states, including Texas, put limitations on the ability of custodial parents to move out of the local area without permission of non-custodial parents and/or the courts.
When you are considering filing for a divorce or are served with a divorce complaint, The Legal Café can put you in touch with legal counsel to fully protect your rights. Fill out our online form or come by the Café to put the process in motion.
Non-Divorce Matters Handled by Family Law Attorneys
A family lawyer usually can assist you with a number of other legal matters unrelated to a pending divorce:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – A prenuptial or postnuptial agreement lets you establish the terms of a marital separation or breakup in advance, freeing spouses of the uncertainties about division of property that can damage a relationship.
- Adoption proceedings – Your lawyer often can help you complete the requirements of an adoption, whether you remarry and want to adopt your stepchildren or you want to build your family by adopting a minor child.
- Name changes – A family lawyer will help you take the necessary steps to legally change your name.
Come to The Legal Café Today to Connect with a Family Law Attorney
Complete our online form or visit the Café to learn how we can help you retain qualified legal counsel to resolve a family law matter.