What Is Coworking Space? How Can Coworking Space Help Build Your Practice?
You’re just starting out in the practice of law, or you’ve finally decided to be your own boss. You need a place to work and meet with clients, but you don’t want the overhead of a private office, and you don’t want to pay for space that just sits empty when you’re not there. Coworking space may be ideal for you.
What Is Coworking Space?
Coworking space for lawyers comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, but the fundamentals are the same. Coworking space is shared space, typically with WiFi access, that costs less because you use it on a part-time basis. For the practice of law, you’ll want space that offers you the ability to close a door and meet privately with potential or existing clients. Other amenities may also be available, including access to copiers, printers, and mail and delivery services. Some coworking spaces let you book a fixed time every week, while others require you to sign up in advance to use the space. You will also find coworking arrangements with open space available on a first-come, first-served basis.
How Does Coworking Space Help Your Practice?
Coworking space offers a wide array of benefits to just about any law practice:
- You’ll spend far less than if you rent private office space full-time.
- Most, if not all, of your office needs will be included in your rent.
- Coworking offers an excellent way to network. You may find other attorneys there, as well as small business owners who could potentially become clients.
- Coworking space can present a professional image to potential clients. It’s much better than meeting with clients in a restaurant, coffee shop, or side room at the courthouse
- Coworking environments are conducive to productivity. You won’t have the noise or distractions you might have when working at home or in a coffee shop.
The Legal Café—Coworking Space to Meet the Needs of Practicing Lawyers
At The Legal Café, founded by attorneys, we understand the requirements of a law firm office and have created a space specifically designed to meet your needs. We provide:
- Attractive private conference rooms for client meeting in person or by videoconference
- Well-designed workspaces with access to high-speed internet
- Gourmet coffee and a select offering of light food items
The Legal Café offers a number of flexible membership plans, so you can choose the right level of access and usage to meet the needs and demands of your practice. We also have daily “hot seats” available at an extra charge, allowing you to access coworking space on a first-come, first-served basis.
At The Legal Café, a receptionist will meet and greet your clients or other visitors and can provide them with your marketing brochures, if requested. We can also help you set up a videoconference or present engagement letters or client agreements for you.
All members of The Legal Café receive access to our powerful lead generation app. The app:
- Shows you all potential leads
- Allows you to purchase leads directly through the app
- Provides useful tracking capabilities, including data on how many leads become paying clients
Come to The Legal Café
If you’re an attorney looking to build your practice or improve your bottom line, The Legal Café can help meet your needs. Stop by the Café at 114 Main Street, have a cup of coffee, and find out more.