The Tangible Benefits of Shared Office Space for Your Law Practice
When the COVID pandemic came to the United States, the practice of law changed. Lawyers were no longer able to meet with clients in person or go into the office to work, so most set up a home office and telecommuted. In doing so, many lawyers learned that they didn’t actually need to pay full rent on private office space. But they also ultimately didn’t want to keep working from home; they discovered it didn’t work well for client meetings and that distractions at home could have a negative impact on productivity. There’s an ideal compromise—shared office space, also known as “coworking” space.
What Is Coworking Space?
Coworking space is a form of office space where you pay for limited access. With some coworking space, you can get the same time every week. Others require you to sign up in advance. Most coworking facilities offer a range of plans, so you can choose the level of access that meets your needs. You’ll typically have a workspace and access to WiFi. Many office supplies are often part of the package.
How Can Coworking Space Benefit Your Law Practice?
Coworking space can be ideal if you’re just starting out in the practice of law, opening a solo practice, or need to work while involved in a case away from home.
- You’ll get more space for less—You may or may not use your coworking space for the full amount of time you book, but you won’t be paying for space that sits empty while you’re in court, at depositions, or otherwise out of the office.
- You can present a professional image with less cost and without having to do it yourself—The right coworking space will make a good first impression on potential clients. It’s head and shoulders above trying to sign up a new client at a restaurant, coffee shop, or some room at the courthouse.
- You will have the privacy you need—The right coworking space will have a private room where you can close the door and keep your conversations with clients and others confidential.
- You’ll have a great opportunity to network—Coworking space typically provides an excellent environment for meeting other attorneys (a potential source of referrals), as well as potential clients.
The Legal Café—Coworking Space for Practicing Attorneys
At The Legal Café, created by practicing attorneys for other practicing attorneys, we know what you need to maintain and build a successful practice. We provide the following:
- Well-appointed and attractive conference rooms for private client meetings or videoconferencing
- Carefully conceived and laid out workspace with high-speed internet
- Delicious gourmet coffee, along with a select offering of light food items
At The Legal Café, we offer a selection of membership plans, with different levels of access and usage, so you can choose the arrangement that best meets the needs of your practice. Daily “hot seats” can also be purchased, granting you use of The Legal Café on a first-come, first-served basis.
When people come to meet you at The Legal Café, a receptionist will greet them. The receptionist can provide potential clients with marketing materials or present engagement letters or client agreements. When required, our staff can have private conference rooms ready for videoconferencing.
As a member of The Legal Café, you’ll also have access to our customized lead-generation app, where you can:
- See all potential leads
- Purchase leads that are a good fit for your practice
- Track the effectiveness of the app, including how many leads convert to paying clients
Come to The Legal Café
If you’re an attorney looking to build your practice or improve your bottom line, The Legal Café can help meet your needs. Stop by the Café at 114 Main Street, have a cup of coffee, and find out more.