The Availability of Paralegal Services Through The Legal Cafe
When you’re starting or building a law practice, the list of things you need can be pretty long, but some of the most important assistance can be provided by a paralegal. In a startup or small law practice, though, money may be too tight to hire a full-time paralegal. At The Legal Café, in Fort Worth, we offer paralegal services via a third party on an as-needed contract basis, so you can benefit from the work of a skilled paralegal at a fraction of the cost.
The Legal Café—Committed to the Success of Your Law Practice
At The Legal Café, we offer a number of flexible coworking/office space options to attorneys and law firms in Fort Worth and throughout the DFW Metroplex. We also offer a convenient work and meeting space for lawyers and firms outside the greater DFW area who have business in Fort Worth. You’ll find us in the heart of the Courthouse District, at 114 Main Street in Fort Worth. We offer well-designed workspace, attractive meeting rooms, and a range of other amenities. We can also help you build your client base with our customized lead-generation app.
How Can a Paralegal Help Your Practice?
Paralegals are trained professionals who can perform a wide range of tasks associated with the practice of law, such as:
- Legal research—Many paralegals have extensive education and training in specific areas of the law and can conduct case law and statute research, including research in online databases.
- Factual research/investigation—A paralegal can help you gather factual evidence to support a claim, interviewing potential witnesses or taking witness statements, or conducting other fact-based investigations.
- Document preparation—Under your supervision, paralegals can draft/prepare pleadings, research memos, briefs, interrogatories, and other documents related to legal matters.
- Monitoring of court documents and correspondence—A paralegal can be your liaison with the court, reviewing and filing pleadings and other documents.
- Document review—Paralegals can review and analyze documents received from opposing counsel or other sources.
- Client communication—While a paralegal cannot engage in any communication that constitutes rendering legal advice, a paralegal may otherwise communicate with your client on logistical and administrative matters.
Though some paralegals provide a more general type of legal support, most are specialists, focusing on a particular legal discipline. Accordingly, when you need paralegal services, you’ll want to specify the types of legal issues involved.
The Benefits of Retaining Paralegal Services
A paralegal can greatly improve your chances of successfully starting or building a law practice:
- A paralegal will allow you to spend your time more productively. By delegating certain research, document preparation, and other tasks to a paralegal, you can spend your time doing things that are more profitable for your firm and maximize your prospects of successfully representing your client.
- As a general rule, using a paralegal can reduce your costs and the expense to your client.
- The attention and communication a client receives from a paralegal working with you can result in a greater sense of client satisfaction.
Paralegal Services Available through The Legal Café
At The Legal Café, we offer paralegal services through an arrangement with a third-party coordinator. We will work directly with our paralegal partner to find a professional who can do the kind of work you need done.
The Legal Café also offers:
- Attractive conference rooms for client meetings or online videoconferencing
- Well-conceived workspace with access to high-speed internet
- A receptionist to meet and greet your visitors
- A fresh cup of gourmet coffee, as well as a selected offering of light food items
Access to The Legal Café comes through membership. We offer a number of membership plans, with varying degrees of access, so that you can choose the option that best fits your practice. “Hot seats” can be purchased separately, offering access to Café space on a first-come, first-served basis.
Your membership at The Legal Café provides more than comfortable workspace and attractive conference rooms. You’ll have a professional receptionist to meet and greet your visitors and to provide them with marketing brochures, if you’d like. We can help set up videoconferences, and we can print or present engagement letters or client agreements, if necessary.
We also offer members a powerful lead generation app with the following features:
- Ability to view potential leads
- Ability to purchase leads directly through the app
- Useful tracking capabilities, including data on how many leads you convert to clients
Come to The Legal Café
If you’re an attorney looking to build your practice or improve your bottom line, The Legal Café can help meet your needs. Stop by the Café at 114 Main Street, have a cup of coffee, and find out more.