Is Coworking a Good Option for Attorneys? What Are the Advantages of Shared Office Space?
When you’re working hard to start or build a law practice, every dollar matters. For most law office, one of the biggest expenses is office space. When you pay for full-time office space, though, chances are good that those offices are empty much of the time. What if you could pay for office space only when you need it? That’s the principle behind coworking or shared office space.
Get the Benefits of Shared Office Space at The Legal Café
At The Legal Café, we offer a range of coworking or shared office space options to lawyers and law firms in Fort Worth and throughout the DFW Metroplex. Conveniently located at 114 Main Street, in the Fort Worth Courthouse District, The Legal Café offers a relaxed and professional environment with access to many of the tools and services you need to successfully operate a thriving law practice. We can also help build your client base with our cutting-edge lead generation app.
What Is Coworking? Is It a Good Fit for a Law Practice?
Coworking offers business owners and entrepreneurs a working arrangement where the costs of office space, as well as many attendant services, are shared with others. The range of amenities can vary dramatically. At The Legal Café, you’ll find comfortable workspaces with access to high-speed internet, well-appointed conference rooms for in-person or videoconference meetings, a receptionist to meet and assist your clients when they arrive, copiers and printers, and access to outside contractors for paralegal, secretarial, or bulk copy services.
Coworking provides many benefits for lawyers:
- You can present a professional image to existing and potential clients—With shared office space, you won’t have to meet a potential client at a coffee shop, in your home, or in a back room at the courthouse. You’ll have attractive office space that instills confidence and trust in your clients.
- It helps control your overhead—With shared office space, you can typically choose a plan where you pay based on your actual usage, which can dramatically reduce office space costs. In addition, shared office space usually comes fully furnished and with access to basic office supplies. You won’t have to purchase office furniture that gets used on only a part-time basis, and you won’t have to worry about printer repairs.
- Coworking can be a great way to generate cross-referrals—When you use The Legal Café, chances are you’ll meet other lawyers with practices that differ from yours. When you have a client with a legal issue outside your area of knowledge or expertise, you may be able to refer them to a shared-office-mate, helping you build a referral-based practice.
- You can have a support staff without paying for a full-time assistant—At The Legal Café, you’ll have a receptionist who can answer questions for existing and potential clients when you’re away from the office. You’ll also have access to contracted paralegal, secretarial, and some copy/print services on an as-needed basis.
- You may be able to brainstorm with office-mates—A coworking arrangement can be fertile ground for the exchange of insights and ideas, as you share knowledge and past experiences. That can result in better service to your clients.
- Shared office space can help with productivity—You’ll have virtually everything you need close at hand, so you can use your time and energy more efficiently.
- There may be potential tax benefits—You may be able to deduct costs such as membership fees, meeting room rentals, printing and copying costs, and mailbox expenses.
The Legal Café—Get the Benefits of Shared Office Space for Your Law Practice
At The Legal Café, we offer:
- Well-appointed conference rooms for client meetings or online videoconferencing
- Well-designed workspace with access to high-speed internet
- A fresh cup of delicious, gourmet coffee, along with a selected offering of light food items
The Legal Café offers a range of flexible membership plans, allowing you to choose the level of access and usage that best fits your practice. Daily “hot seats” are also available, offering access to Café space on a first-come, first-served basis.
When you share office space at The Legal Café, you’ll have more than a comfortable workspace and attractive conference rooms. Our receptionist will meet and greet your visitors, providing them with your marketing brochures, if appropriate. We can help set up videoconferencing and print or present engagement letters or client agreements, if necessary.
We have also developed a powerful lead generation app for use by our members. The app has the following features:
- Shows you all potential leads
- Allows you to purchase leads directly through the app
- Provides useful tracking capabilities, including data on how many leads you convert to clients
Come to The Legal Café
If you’re an attorney looking to build your practice or improve your bottom line, The Legal Café can help meet your needs. Stop by the Café at 114 Main Street, have a cup of coffee, and find out more.